Okay, so I maybe a little late for this post but I wanted to make sure it got posted. As I sat back and reflected on all that happened last year, I think about what I want for the new year. One word comes to mind, BETTER. I want to be better in everything I do and everything I am. This includes me as a Wife, Mom, Daughter, Sister, Friend and Employee. We as individuals or as organizations don't always have to be the best but if we strive to be better than we were yesterday we will see true growth.
The new year brings huge opportunities to be BETTER. Since this blog is not meant for my own personal rants I will convey how I see DIS-TRAN Steel using this same philosophy.
- Providing better customer service - Being available is the biggest part of customer service. That could be answering the phone when it rings, returning calls in a timely manner, being able to answer questions or even directing to the appropriate person.
- Producing better product quality - Taking the time and effort to perform and follow processes that follow AISC protocalls and creating a consistancy between product families.
- Better response times - reducing schedule lead times when neccessary and available, quick and accurate issue resolution...DO NOT leave our customers hanging.
- Suggesting better engineering solutions - Flexibility has been key to DIS-TRAN Steel since inception and is one of our biggest differentiators. .
- Search for better cost savings - The old saying, "You have to spend money to make money," doesn't always ring true. Here at DIS-TRAN Steel we think of cost savings as a way to better provide for our customers. It's even one of our Company Objectives (Drive out cost. Everyone. Everyday). What can we do BETTER? Provide easier and quicker access for personnel to identify cost and potential cost savings to make more informed decisions. Making better and smarter material purchases when the costs are down and being able to forecast the future needs.
The list could go on and on and these are only a few of the things DIS-TRAN Steel strives for everyday. Whether you are in the Executive Suites or on the shop floor sweeping up pieces of leftover steel, we all work together to make "blank" better. It's up to you to fill in the blank.
We are DIS-TRAN Steel and we are committed to:
- Giving our owners and customers expected return on their investment
- Meeting our customers’ needs with outstanding customer service
- Maximizing safety and productivity and outperforming our competition
- Living, working, and serving with integrity
What would you like to see DIS-TRAN Steel do better. What is your "fill in the blank"? We would love to hear your thoughts on this subject. If you are not familiar with DIS-TRAN's product family or our services, please check out our website. www.distransteel.com.