With shorter lead times than our competitors, DIS-TRAN Wood Products, LLC has been providing distribution crossarms, ground molding and wood transmission arm assemblies that include arms, braces and hardware to the utility industry for over 45 years.
With two separate locations in Pineville, LA and Vancouver, WA, DIS-TRAN Wood is available to customers from coast to coast for quick lead times, as well as an even quicker response for storm restoration.
Through Columbia Vista Corporation, DIS-TRAN Wood plant facilities in Pineville and Vancouver have both been Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified, COC# SW-COC-00244, and have made a commitment to the environment to improving forest management. We are also the only certified environmentally friendly “green” wood products supplier.
Wood is a regenerative source, and the longevity and reliability ensures a consistently reputable product for the utility industry.
Benefits of having two locations:
- More opportunities to efficiently serve the entire country
- Allows redundancy if there are issues such as weather or fire in one geographical location
- With two avenues to get to job sites, allows for an enhance volume of materials during times of crisis.
- Not so dependent on one workforce or single location
- Enables flexibility
- Expand or retract, even if the weather event is in the gulf or Pacific northwest, ability to serve customers that are not affected
Benefits of using wood:
- Renewable resource
- Shorter lead times
- Proven commodity; has been around since before the turn of the century
- Forgiving product; can shape, nail and drill into it, and can modify as needed in the field with little difficulty
- Easy to install
- Capable to be processed with alternate technology that allow it to be more environmentally friendly
- Easy to transport and cost-effective to unload and store
To learn more and stay up-to-date with the latest at DIS-TRAN Wood Products click on the button below.